Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My neighbor has an easement road across my property to access

My neighbor has an easement road across my property to access his property. It is defined as a 40 ft. easement. Our road has a cul-de-sac, because we are located in rural Placer Co. and there is a need for larger trucks to be able to turn around in order to exit our dead end road. My neighbor has dumped a large amount of green waste in the roadway in the cul-de-sac, saying that the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection is going to shred the the cuttings and he has no place that can be accessed by them, due to the fact that he has installed a privacy gate at the beginning of his property. My problem is that when CDF shreds the material it will be shredded on to my property, thus leaving waste on my property without my permission. What are my rights?

Good evening. He has only the right to use the access easement for ingress and egress. He does not own the property and has no legal right to use the easement property for anything else. His privacy gate is not your issue, but he has no right to have anything dumped on your property. Give him notice to have it all removed immediately or you will file a suit against him for the cost of removing it plus punitive damages for his willful malfeasance.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.