Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am facing an inconvenience with a person that I know because

I am facing an inconvenience with a person that I know because I disclosed some private information to him about what I saw during my participation as a member in a presidential voting table to select a candidate for president at my country( The Dominican Republic) which voting activity took place in the United States.

I informed my friend by email about all the fraud and illegal activities that happened during the voting process and I told him that his name was in the voter list. He got mad and surprised because according to him he never has provided any of his personal information to the political party where I participated.

He wants BADLY to contact the HISPANIC TV press to reveal the illegal process i confessed to him for the use of his name on the voter list without his consent; since I participated in the voting table for that party I told my friend not mention my name and not to show my email where i testified HIM the fraud that I saw but now he wants me to act together with him to report this incident through the press and he told me if I dont cooperate with him, he will report the incident and he will show my email to the press and will reaveal my name to the party i participated with..

my question is : is it legal that he reaveals my name and email that i provided him in the TVpress without my consent?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it is legal because you sent him the email and if you wanted to remain anonymous you should have sent him an anonymous note. However, since you actually witnessed this illegal activity he has a right to disclose your information to the authorities and to the press as well and I am afraid you would have no grounds to stop him.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok.. in conclusion he can disclose my name in The TV PRESS without my permission?? is it legal do that without consignment?
Yes, it is legal, you sent him the email, he owns the email that you sent to him and once you sent it you lost control over what he does with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, is it legal as well if he has recorded some our conversation when I am attesting the fraud?

Yes, in NJ only consent of one party to a conversation is required to record the conversation and as he was a party to the conversation he could consent to recording it.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law