Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

Can I legally post someones criminal record on Facebook

Can I legally post someone's criminal record on Facebook ?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

As long as the purpose is not to purposefully harass, annoy, threaten, or intimidate, it is generally not a problem if it is an adult criminal record because that information is considered public information.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wouldnt it be difficult to prove that it was done in malice, and could someone really build a case on that?
They "could", yes, but it depends on the case. If someone is posting online how they want to get revenge on XXXXX XXXXX and they're going to mess him and relationships up and then they post his criminal record and send messages of the same to all of his friends, it would be pretty clear that the posting served no legitimate purpose other than to harass XXXXX XXXXX. A simple posting "hey, check out what our neighbor did!" wouldn't usually be an issue.