Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Brad stands in front of Rustlers Round-Up Caf , shouting fighting

Brad stands in front of Rustler's Round-Up Café, shouting "fighting words" that are likely to incite Rustler's patrons to respond violently. The First Amendment protects such speech
Answer
all of the time.
none of the time.
only if it is noncommercial.
only if it is symbolic.

Cassandra accepts what she believes was an offer to work for Destination Vacations, Inc., as a chef. In determining whether a contract has been formed, an element of prime importance is
Answer
the condition of the workplace.
the duration of the work.
the intent of the parties.
the subject of the contract.

Nadine is a spectator at the Metro City Softball Tournament, an athletic competition. Regarding the risk of injury, Nadine assumes the risks
Answer
attributable to the tournament in any way.
different from the risks normally associated with the tournament.
greater than the risks normally associated with the tournament.
normally associated with the tournament.
Fernando obtains a consumer loan from Greater Regional Credit Union at an interest rate that exceeds the state's maximum. Greater Regional has
Answer
created a risk for the purpose of assuming it.
engaged in a restraint of trade.
violated a licensing statute.
committed usury.
Jacquie signs a contract to buy a car just before reaching the age of majority. After reaching the age of majority, Jacquie does not take possession or make payments. Most courts would hold, with respect to the contract, that this is
Answer
disaffirmance.
emancipation.
ratification.
rescission.

The state legislature of Kansas enacts a statute to regulate trucking that affects interstate commerce. This statute will be balanced in part in terms of
Answer
the courts' authority to determine that a law is unconstitutional.
the purpose of interstate commerce.
the state's interest in regulating the matter.
the statute's impact on noneconomic activity.
A state law that treats nonresidents different from residents may violate the privileges and immunities clause.
Answer True
False

Howie enters into a contract with Ida over the Internet to buy soybeans as a hedge against falling prices in corn. Neither party prints out a hard copy. Under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-SIGN Act), this contract can
Answer
be "denied legal effect" if it falls under the UCC's Statute of Frauds.
be "denied legal effect" unless a hard copy is printed.
be "denied legal effect" until it is executed.
not be "denied legal effect" because it is only in electronic form.
anny tells Eden that she will sign a lease if it includes a clause permitting Fanny to extend the lease at the same amount of rent. Fanny's intent to sign the lease is determined by reference to Fanny's
Answer
assumptions.
beliefs.
unspoken opinions.
words and action.

Criminal law focuses on duties that exist between persons.
Answer True
False

Brasilia, a real estate broker licensed only in Connecticut, concludes a land sale in Delaware. She can
Answer
collect the commission if it has not been paid.
keep the commission if it has already been paid.
foreclose on the property to obtain any unpaid amount.
not collect the commission, keep it, or foreclose on the property.

3D HD TV Company, a firm in Minnesota, advertises on the Web. A court in North Dakota would be most likely to exercise jurisdiction over 3D HD if the firm
Answer
conducted substantial business with North Dakota residents through its Web site.
interacted with any North Dakota resident through its Web site.
only advertised without interactivity at its Web site.
suddenly removed its ad from the Internet.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
1) None of the time.

2) Intent of the parties

3) Normally associated with the tournament

4) Violated a licensing statute (usury does not generally apply to commercial transactions)

5) Disaffirmance.

6) The state's interest in regulating the matter.

7) True.

8) Not be denied legal effect only because it is in electronic form

9) Words and actions

10) False

11) Not collect

12) Conducted substantial business with ND Residents

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law