How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask D. WINOGO ESQ. Your Own Question
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4714
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
D. WINOGO ESQ. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have separated from my husband the house was sold in December

Resolved Question:

I have separated from my husband the house was sold in December 2010, the money was split 50:50. My ex husband is refusing to give me back some personal belongings, wedding ring, engagement ring etc. He told me that he no longer has these, so I told him that I will report the items stolen to the police as he was the last person who had possession of these. He is now saying that I have to pay him £2,000 to return the items. This is obviously black mail. Should I contact the police or shall I take it to a small claims court?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 5 years ago.
The police will not get involved in a civil dispute. You will need to file a claim in court against him. Before you do so, send him a letter with an itemized list of all your personal property and demanding that he return it. This letter will serve as evidence in court regarding what property of yours he is holding.
D. WINOGO ESQ. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions