Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

I am going through a divorce. My children live with my wife

I am going through a divorce. My children live with my wife during the evenings. I have them 8a to 6p and overnight once a week. My 4yrold told me my exwife tobe's boyfriend has given him a bath at night. I do not feel it is right. Legal and moral. Do I have a case
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

It's not illegal or immoral for a non-parent to bathe a child, but I have a 3 year old and I can understand your discomfort; the court would typically oblige if you requested an order that would preclude the boyfriend from continuing in the contact. If you find reason to believe that the contact has been in any way sexual in nature, law enforcement would at that point have a basis for getting involved. I would also suggest that you speak with the child's mother about this if you have not already done so; this may be the first that she has heard of it.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.