Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I was arrested and confined 27 years ago did 2 ys on a 5 year

I was arrested and confined 27 years ago did 2 ys on a 5 year sentence(forgery), since then I been doing foster care for hard to place kids which I have been doing for 11 years,and have even adopted, now the arkansas Licensing board has deemed my offense (27 ys ago) as a prohibiting offence and is requesting that I go before the board to dicuss if I will be permitted to continue fostering. can you tell me what action I can take , because the agency I work for was told earlier that this was put ot rest.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry that you are in this situation. By "taking action", do you wish to know if you can somehow seal your records or expunge it from your record? Has the hearing been scheduled yet and if so, for when? Also, after your offense, were you ever charged or arrested for any subsequently? All this took place in Arkansas, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My arrest and time served was in Texas and my parole was here in Ar, a hearing has not been scheduled and no I have not been arrested for anything after that, I was one of the ones who learned my lesson the first time.
Thank you for your follow-up.

That is good to hear, since that does provide you with more options. However I am still unsure as to your question. How exactly can I help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there any to seal my records,so that this sort of thing will not show up again? an is there any advise you can provide to help with this case ? and can they prohibit me from fostering after so many years has passed and it was not an offense to harm a child
Thank you for your patience.

Please permit me to answer that one at a time.

is there any to seal my records,so that this sort of thing will not show up again?
Generally no, Texas can permit an expungement but when it is not a felony and is not a conviction. Here, it is likely not going to be granted. You can seek a formal pardon, however, and see if that may remove the offense from your record. Go to this link to learn more:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/pages/juvenilecriminalhistoryrecords.htm

an is there any advise you can provide to help with this case ?
I cannot provide you with any advise at all. The reason is because JustAnswer is a public forum, where our responses are not private, confidential, or protected under our attorney client privilege. While were are attorneys, we are not your attorneys and therefore we cannot advise you one way or another. All we can do is provide you with legal information that can help you with making a decision for yourself.

and can they prohibit me from fostering after so many years has passed and it was not an offense to harm a child
If they deem this to be an omission (for example you failed to disclose it when requested), or if it is of a sufficient level of offense (felonies are not permitted), then yes. You can request a hearing, and I do suggest you retain counsel to help you and possibly represent you in front of the board.

Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.