Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I put an add on Craigslist to rent our condo in Kalispell MT.

I put an add on Craigslist to rent our condo in Kalispell MT. I had a couple of responses from people overseas, I emailed them an application that included our P.O. Box and all of our work, home and cell numbers. After e-mailing them info about our home feeling excited that I might have a potential renter, I googled the name and found that they are common scams on people who advertize rentals on Craigslist. The verbage in the e-mails was identical to the website that quoted other's e-mails. They do not have any banking info or SSN etc, but do I need to worry about identy theft with them having my name, phone numbers and mailing address? thank you Tammy Clark
Thank you for your question, Ms. Clark.

Such information is freely obtainable online, through yellow or white pages, or through reverse look-up. While there is always a danger and risk of identity theft, they do not know enough to get into your accounts or into your assets to truly cause trouble. You should be safe enough in case something takes place.

Good luck.