Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

i was told by a auto repair shop that i needed a replacement

i was told by a auto repair shop that i needed a replacement engine for my 2001 chevy monte carlo the price was $1300 for a used motor and $700 for labor when they called to say my car is ready to pick up 2 month's later when i got to the shop they wanted $2700 without calling to let me know the price went up when i drove to get gas the a/c did not work and motor ran rough the car only got up to 70 mph and the gas peddle was to the floor it had no pick up to make a long story short i took it back 4 more times they never fixed it so i took my car to a chevy dealership to fix it right the dealership said that they put the wrong engine in my car and brackets were not installed that did damage to the flywheel so i have to pay the chevy dealership to put the correct engine in can i sue the auto repair shop for putting the wrong motor in my car that never ran right and caused damage to the flywheel
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Good evening. Yes, you definitely can and in the process you should raise the stakes. You should send them a certified, return receipt requested letter demanding that they pay you your damages in total within a short specified period of time. Inform them that if your demand is not timely complied with, you will have no choice but to file a suit against them for your damages. Be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade practice action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to 3 times that as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Experience: Attorney with 29 years of experience.