Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

what constitutes falsifying documention that has already been

what constitutes falsifying documention that has already been signed by a nurse
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

What you are describing is forgery, and under Delaware Code Section 861 it is defined as follows:

(a) A person is guilty of forgery when, intending to defraud, deceive or injure another person, or knowing that the person is facilitating a fraud or injury to be perpetrated by anyone, the person:

(1) Alters any written instrument of another person without the other person's authority; or

(2) Makes, completes, executes, authenticates, issues or transfers any written instrument which purports to be the act of another person, whether real or fictitious, who did not authorize that act, or to have been executed at a time or place or in a numbered sequence other than was in fact the case or to be a copy of an original when no original existed; or

(3) Possesses a written instrument, knowing that it was made, completed or altered under circumstances constituting forgery.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how does falsifying documentation differ from altering a written instrument

I apologize that I was unclear. Falsifying documentation is a type of altering a written instrument. In other words, falsifying documentation counts as altering a written instrument.