Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

My wife was hit head on on her side of the road.The other

My wife was hit head on on her side of the road.The other driver got ticketed for driving left of center.The adjuster didn't do anything for over a week.Then he got the car taken care of,butmy wife is still under Dr. care for injury.Collection agency started calling and threatening to ruin our credit.The adjuster kept saying he would take care of it.Last week the adjuster called and made an agreement for a settlement on the phone.He probanly knew she had a Dr. appointment today and they are sending her to therapy now.Is the agreement on the phone binding even if we have not cashed the check,because now with therapy it's going to cost us alot more than they offered.I told her not to settle but she wouild'r listen.She did get aletter from Dr. saying she neede therapy.It's a neck injury.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. No..the verbal settlement is not binding. Nothing is binding until you have signed a settlement and release agreement.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.