JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

I live in kansas city, Mo and my daughter lives in Ga. About

I live in kansas city, Mo and my daughter lives in Ga. About a year ago, I had a lawyer in my child support case, During the signing of the papers I had a question about the visitation section prior to her turning 3 yrs of age, it says ( that I would have (4) visitations per year , as long as I give her mother (7) seven days notice of my intention to come to Ga and as long as I stay in Ga),at that time I asked my lawyer If this means that I get to keep her when I come to Ga. and she said "yes", but it doesn't specify if they are timed visits or overnight visits. My daughter's mother is saying that I can only pick her up in the morning and return her at night. I called the lawyer I hired to try and get some clarification and she say I need to pay her a retainer again for counsel, I called her lawyer, cause they wrote it up and they say they can't talk to me and that I need to hire legal representation.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. Can you please clarify: what is your actual question that you'd like assistance with?

Customer:

I'm sorry how can I find out if my visits are timed or overnight without spending more money, and should the lawyer that hired in the begining be responsible to clarify this

JB Umphrey :

Just read the documents that are in effect now.

JB Umphrey :

Whatever those documents say, that's what it is.

JB Umphrey :

If the documents aren't clear and if the parties cannot agree on what the terms will be, then one side will have to spend more money to go to court and ask the judge to modify the order.

JB Umphrey :

Is there anything else that I can assist with?

Customer:

thank you

JB Umphrey :

You are welcome.

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select ACCEPT to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.