Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

How far in advanced of the hearing date do you subpoena witness

How far in advanced of the hearing date do you subpoena witness for a custody hearing?

Thank you

Hello.

Typically it is 30 days unless some type of exigent circumstances exist and you can probably get away with less time to subpoena the witness.

--Mary

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
once a witness subpoena is issued and opposing atty is notified do I have any other formality of notices to give to opposing or the court of my witnesses?

Hello.

You should prepare a witness list to give to the judge at the next hearing date / court date. The judge will probably ask for one. Just write out the witness' name and address in a list form and have it ready for the judge to review.

--Mary

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

And if there is nothing prior to the actual custody hearing itself, then at the beginning of the custody hearing will be fine, I hope?

IT should be, but to be on the safe side (because every judge is different), you should submit the list to the court and the other party's attorney about 10 days before the hearing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so very much Mary. You have always been spot on with your advice when I have come to you and I follow it to the "t".

Have a great evening.

Thank you