Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

how do i file third party custody in gordon county georgia

Submitted: 5 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.
When you say third party custody, what are you talking about? Who would you be getting custody of and why should you get it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need custody of my grandchildren who are 3 and 9 months. my daughter has abandon them in my care
Will she consent to your guardianship or is she unreachable?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't want guardianship i want custody and she is agreeable
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In georgia i guess there is a difference

You can get the forms you need from family court to file for a court order granting you custody of the children with the consent of your daughter. You should be able to do this without an attorney.

Here is a site that has a consent to custody forms that you might find of help also but start with the court website.

http://www.ask.com/web?l=sem&ifr=1&qsrc=999&q=GA%20consent%20custody%20forms&siteid=13749&o=13749&ar_uid=FB7492ED-8028-4497-9EF9-F70BA8C1F52D&click_id=1D3E3DB0-FCC9-41B2-8D7D-4358FEBD6C4

If you have custody you are the guardian of the minor child unless it is just temporary custody such as for a visit.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry I've already tried family court in gordon county.....they don't have the forms only for temporary guardianship.....all i need is the forms and none I have found seem to be the right ones....I don't have a lot of money to keep paying places for the wrong forms. The court is small and just keeps telling me to hire an attorney I asked them if anyone has done custody pro se and they said NO....Help what is my next step???

Are you going to take permanent custody of the children?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes

I suggest you start with an agreement granting you custody. Here are some forms you can use as a template.

http://www.formsworkflow.com/d15773.aspx?partnercode=Justia

agreement to give custody to grandparents that can be used.

http://www.freelegalforms.net/index.cfm?index=forms&filename=Form14557.htm

Then you would prepare a consent order for the judge to sign affirming the grant of custody but the agreement should serve your purpose without a court order.