Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

We need to know the California laws for a traveling sales activity

Customer Question

We need to know the California laws for a traveling sales activity selling discount vacation club membership.

Bonds / Seller of Travel Bonds
Rights of Reciscion, etc
Can you help.I am a member
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know because the laws are not all in one place and various laws apply to these sales.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to know what kind of Bonds are required for this kind of business. We travel to different locations around the country, rent a banquett room. One of our representatives does a 90 minute presentation about our company and the services we offer.

I need to know 1- do we need to attain a bond called a Seller of Travel Bond and

2- Does our contract need to include a right of reciscission for any period after the sale is closed.

If you cannot providea clear answer to these questions please tell me before we engage in more time consuming correspondence. I'm very busy and cannot afford to spend my day doing this,

1) There are no bonds REQUIRED by any law. The insurance required would be by the venue that you are renting. What is purchased is known as "event insurance" which covers any damage to a facility you may rent while you are holding your event and most of the major commercial lines insurance companies offer that type of insurance.

2) Your contracts need to contain a 3 day right of rescission as the sales are occurring outside of your business.

I would appreciate you not being offensive or insulting, this system is not designed for us to read minds and know exactly what every customer needs or knows already and my time is actually at least as valuable as yours if not more, so let's please not go there.