John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
18914223

Had a house fire on april 29 in pleasant grove al. insurance

Had a house fire on april 29 in pleasant grove al. insurance company states that cant determine cause of fire. the they send out investagor to question me and my husband second. Basiclly asking us did we set fire. Today when we call to ask about our claim, they advised that have people investagtion it, saying that it looks like it was set in five different places. Ask us for a copy of tax returns. I believe we need to get any attonery. its seems they are trying to to pay claim but put the blame on us. what avenue do we need to take.
Expert:  John Legal replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

It does sound like they are trying to say that the fire was arson and committed by you. I would certainly hire a litigation attorney to aid you in completing your claim and advise you on speaking with the insurance company. You may be able to even find one that will take it based on a percentage of the insurance proceeds obtained instead of an hourly rate.