MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I live on Maui. I have been unemployed for five months. I applied

Customer Question

I live on Maui. I have been unemployed for five months. I applied for foodstamps on janruary 20 2011, using the emergency application. The form said i would be contacted in a week. It took a month and a half. During our interview i asked our worker how long it would take for us to recieve our assistance after we turned in the other paper work they needed. She said "12 days". It has been 3 1/2 months. I call weekly to find out what's going on, usually i'm routed to voicemail. My calls are never returned. I spoke to our worker this past thursday and she said she would look at our file the next day and take care of it. Nothing has happened and she can't be reached by phone-i can't even get to her voice mail. We haven't been able to pay a good portion of our bills at all because we need to feed our children. I haven't been able to see a doctor for an ongoing condition i have because we can't pay the co-pay. We had some money socked away to visit my father who is sickly but it's gone now. Do i have any recourse to be compansated or at least make someone finish our case in Human Services? I've been pushed to the edge of my endurance as this whole situation has created strife between my wife and i leaving me desperate to find relief for our family.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Have you contacted the governor's office?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm waiting for a reply from the govener's office. BTW i'm not seeing a green accept button on this page.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
ok, in addition you should contact:

Kookie Faitele
TANF Housing Specialist
(808) 447-2862
Email: [email protected]

Alberta Silva
TANF Housing Specialist
(808) 447-2862
Email: [email protected]