Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What does this mean on a court docket filed Notice of

What does this mean on a court docket filed?

"Notice of Confidential Information within court filing."

Thanks

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

This typically means that the party who filed the pleading has designated some portion of the pleading or exhibit as confidential and not to be made public.

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don't choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As an example, lets say a husband and wife were involved in a crime.

So far, only the wife was arrested and is now on bail.

Lets say there was a $96,000.00 check that was forged from another person's account. However, the husband had the POA for that person's account.

Lets say the husband told the wife to do it so he could get a deposit receipt to prove to his brother funds were put back into the account falsely.

But the check bounced of course.

Could the wife had filed something like this with the court as confidential so charges could be brought against her husband?

An evidence that may be used against a criminally accused defendant must be revealed to the accused typically. The allegations as well as the evidence support such allegations should be revealed since the defendant has the right to due process of law under the constitution.

This docket notation would not normally include such information, no.