Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

Well... as a result of not protecting the money, (by putting

Well... as a result of not protecting the money, (by putting it in the escrow account), defendant was able to take money from the account.

That's where his fault lies, I believe, especially considering that that was my biggest fear from the very beginning.

Judge fined defendant 1,000 for taking the money from the account and scheduled another hearing to resolve agreement differences.

In that later hearing, I got a separate judgment for 70K, however as I mentioned it's not collectible.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Please read the above for more insight on this issue. The failure to require the money to be put in an escrow account could very well serve the basis for malpractice. You may, however, have a hard time finding a lawyer to take this on a contingency fee basis.