Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

How do I go about suing someone I loaned money to and have

How do I go about suing someone I loaned money to and have proof it wad a loan?

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

What is the amount of the loan and when did the borrower las make a payment and when was the loan given?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I loaned 180.00 to someone who I thought I could trust. I sent it through wire transfer. The cost was 25.00 I told the person. I was transferring 180.00 and the cost was 25.00 to do it. Jason the person I loaned the money to sent me a picture of his check first name last name email adress to make the transaction. He assured me in a text mes he would return the money to my account. Friday which was his pay day. That transaction happened in April. Jason told me he couldn't get a break from work to go to the bank. I suggested since he was off on sun and lives 45 mins away he could bring it to me. Since going to the bank wasnt working. I haven't heard from him he will not return any phone calls. I asked a friend if he was active on facebook just to make sure he wasn't hurt or in the hospital or dead. She told me he updated his status recently. I hope that was enough information. Please help me sorry it's so long.

The best thing to do here is to sue him in small claims court for breach of contract on the debt.

The link above has the information that you need. If you have other questions just write back on this thread.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".