Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I got charges pressed against me after a fight with a guy in

I got charges pressed against me after a fight with a guy in a bar. The person I fought pressed the charges. I do not know what the charges were. What kind of legal trouble could I be looking at?

ANDREA, :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to help you

Customer:

hello

ANDREA, :

Hi, how can I help you ?

ANDREA, :

You asked what type of charges could be brought against you

Customer:

well i got in a fight and charges were brought up by the guy i fought. the report was sent to the district attorny...what kind of trouble can i get in

Customer:

i also pressed charges against him

ANDREA, :

I do not know what was involved in the fight, but if it was a regular, run of the mill fight, he could bring assault and battery charges against you

ANDREA, :

If he had to go to the hospital for medical care, he could press charges you with aggravated assault. What charges did you press against him ?

Customer:

no one was hurt, it was a run of the mill fight, i pushed him down let him up and then elbowed him once in theface. he was also pushing me but he got the worst of it

ANDREA, :

Who staerted the fight and what charges did you press against the other party ?

Customer:

,the officer just told me he was pressing charges, he didnt say what the charges were

Customer:

i then told the officer i too wanted to press charges, im assuming assault.

ANDREA, :

What charges were lodged against you ?

Customer:

i wasnt told what the charges were

ANDREA, :

In what State did this happen ?

ANDREA, :

Did the other party go to the hospital ?

Customer:

the guy didnt leave a tip for a waitress at the place we were at, the waitress toldn me this and she was pretty

ANDREA, :

Did he have to go to the hospital after the fight ?

Customer:

upset so i went outside to him and told him that he was rude

Customer:

no he did not

Customer:

no one got too hurt, just some bruising and hurt egos

Customer:

this happened in california by the way

ANDREA, :

If you pressed charges against him and he pressed charges against you, and without my knowing anything else, I would give you an educated guess that the Judge would dismiss all charges and enter an Order that each of you stay away from the other. I do not foresee anyone going to jail under the circumstances thawt you presented with both parties bringing charges against the other

ANDREA, :

Please be kind enough to press “ACCEPT”, otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated