INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

In the state of Missouri is a verbal contract binding and legal

In the state of Missouri is a verbal contract binding and legal ?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 years ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Good morning

INFOLAWYER :

Was there every a contract signed?

Customer:

No there was not. However he did send me one.

Customer:

so what is my recourse, he has all of my blue prints on the house, and if I go with another contractor i will need them, not to mention some of the worked that he has completed is wrong

INFOLAWYER :

A court can interpret a contract

INFOLAWYER :

even without something in writing

INFOLAWYER :

based on payments, services rendered, and witnesses

INFOLAWYER :

so a verbal contract can be enforced, but is simply harder to prove

INFOLAWYER :

You may threaten a lawsuit, a complaint to the dept of consumer affairs

INFOLAWYER :

you may have a lawyer do so

INFOLAWYER :

you may also threaten a complaint to his licensing board

INFOLAWYER :

that should lead to cooperation

Customer:

unfortunately the county within i reside has no licensing board, i do not like threats as they are generally thin air. would a letter from an attorney promising legal action be more effective than a threat

INFOLAWYER :

Yes

INFOLAWYER :

the lawyer letter, dept of consumer affairs, lawsuit

INFOLAWYER :

those are more effective

INFOLAWYER :

often that leads to settlement

INFOLAWYER :

and if it does not, to a determination

INFOLAWYER :

but he wont be able to ignore you

INFOLAWYER :

I hope that is clear and fast

Customer:

let me understand also that the verbal contract is a matter of interpretation of the court (if it would elscalate to that degree) based on testimonies given in the state of missouri

INFOLAWYER :

Precisely

INFOLAWYER :

as well as hard evidence (documents exchanged, money provided if any, services performed if any)

Customer:

thank you so much for your help, i now need to get my ducks in a row

INFOLAWYER :

enjoy the weekend and you are very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

please click accept when ready

INFOLAWYER :

positive feedback also appreciated

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses