Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I left a lot of 2,900 sterling silver religious medallions

Customer Question

I left a lot of 2,900 sterling silver religious medallions and 5 rare ww2 escape maps with an appraiser 3 months ago. After unreasoned low-ball offers, and refusal to give me appraisal that was promised, 2 mons ago I began asking for the return of my property. He refuses to commit to looking for it, said he cannot guaranteed he'll find it if he does, and won't admit to it being lost. At this stage I consider it stolen. Judging from Better Business records and online reviews he has done this to many others and the police here in NYC are not taking it seriously. Based on recent historical highs in the price of silver, the silver is worth at least $13,000, and the maps about $700. What can I do to recover my property and protect others.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
If the police won't do anything your only alternative is to hire a lawyer and file suit seeking the value of your items as well as attorney's fees. In addition, the lawyer can develop the evidence and then turn it over to the police and District Attorney to prosecute him.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.