Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am in a wheelchair. I am having major difficulty trying to

Customer Question

I am in a wheelchair. I am having major difficulty trying to attend the Memphis Grizzlies playoff games at the Fedex Forum. The tickets were held on a pre sale not open to the general public (only season ticket holders) I was told that there were zero accessible seats before the tickets even went on sale to the public. This means I had zero chance of attending this game before the tickets even were available to me. I have in the past had regular seats and when I tried to get them to switch them to an accessible area I was told "I suggest you sell your tickets" . Also when you go to the website and try to purchase accessible seating rather than choose your seat on the arena map like everyone else you must send a "request for accessible seating" Which takes time and like any popular event you need to get tickets fast before they sell out. This all seems very discriminatory to me. What if anything can be done about this. Thank you.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hi

So you are a season ticket holder and as such if you purchase the playoff tickets pre public sale, they do not have any accessible seating ? Do they have an accessible seating for any handicapped persons at any of the events?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not a season ticket holder. All the accessible seating was sold during the pre sale. By the time I was allowed to purchase tickets all the available accessible seating was gone, giving me no chance of attending the game.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Oh, I see. Well, according to the law they are required to have a certain amount of seats available. As long as they meet that quota, they can sell them pre public. It is dependent upon their Policy. The Fedex Forum's policy is they need at least a day's notice. But there is no law that says those seats need to be held for the general public if all accessible seating was sold out pre public.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck