Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

This matter deals with 2 states both enforcing the order of

Customer Question

This matter deals with 2 states both enforcing the order of a divorce decree. The divorce was final in Wyoming. Texas was charged with enforcement. They have collected some $65,000 and has not turned the money over to the initiating state. Also the initiating state, Wyoming, has focused the legal system towards me and not the state of Texas. I have been arrested for Flight to Avoid Prosecution as well as being detained in the Bureau of Prisions. Records show that over $89,000 and no monies was applied to Child Support. I have been informed that I need an attorney knowledgeable in civil rights. I am a homeless veteran seeking assistance
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney practicing in both criminal and family law and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

• What is your specific question for a legal expert to answer?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am divorced out of Wyoming. My home state, Texas has enforcement rights. Both states have separatly enjoyed collection privilages. I have even been incarcerated by the Bureau of Prisions.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the additional information. However, you have not stated a question. So that I may respond appropriately, please detail your question for me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are these legal acts allowed by law?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Are there Civil Rights issues when a person is punished twice for the same charge?

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know if I've mistaken any of the facts. However....

As I see it, you had an arrearage from the state of Wyoming and the state of
Texas was enforcing that arrearage. In so doing, Texas has obtained funds
from you and, for whatever reason, failed/refused to turn over those funds
to Wyoming. However, the funds seized by Texas were less than the amount
owed to Wyoming. Meaning, you still have an arrearage.

If an arrearage still exists, regardless of the funds seized by Texas, then
Wyoming still has the legal authority to enforce the remaining arrearage.

If you have other information or believe that there is some other reason
Wyoming cannot enforce the arrearage, please let me know. Absent that, it
appears that Wyoming is within their rights here.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT
for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I
can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you
will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still
have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive
feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you
and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in
particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter,
just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the
question as soon as I am on-line.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The information was not correct. Texas has collected $65,000 and Wyoming has collected $21,000 plus. The amount I would have paid for the one child should not be in excess of $48,000. Question, if Texas doesn't turn the funds over to Wyoming, can I still be required to pay more money, even though Texas has collected the full amount.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Let's make sure we're on the same page with the information...

Texas has $65,000. Has any of this gone to Wyoming and/or the mother?

Wyoming has $21,000. Has any of this gone to the mother?

You believe the two states have jointly collected MORE than you owe. Correct? Do both of the states agree with this position?

What is the mother's position, does she agree with you? Also, is she receiving some form of government assistance, medicaid, food stamps, etcetera?

Thank you.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am not aware if the mother recieved any money. She has since moved to New Jersey.I need to know if this is a civil rights issue also if you can handle it.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

For me to continue to assist you in this matter, I would need you to respond to the questions I posted on 5/1 at 2:29 p.m. EST.

Thank you.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your patience.