Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

social services visited me on friday 4/28 at 11 30am and told

social services visited me on friday 4/28 at 11:30am and told me my kids were not being allowed home. he did not tell me why nor did i get charged with anything is this legal anf if not what do i do
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your difficult situation. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Unfortunately this is one of those instances where you must retain local counsel immediately.

Here is why.

Social Services has an incredible amount of authority and power. A single worker has the authority to remove children from the home immediately if that single worker thinks that the children are in danger. This is an extremely subjective finding. Once the children are in the system, it becomes increasingly difficult to extricate them from the system. The efforts of the parent to do so can easily be misinterpreted by the workers and therefore all dealings with Social Services should be through legal counsel.

I hope that this helps.