Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

iis this a scam

i had a lady email me saying she was gonna get a 450,000 inheritance check from her mother.then she wanted money for the passport 400back to the us,she asked for money for food,hospital bills,rent,medicine,internet bill and money for a plane trip from nigeria to america3200 she claimed.she is in nigeria,i sent her money there,she is on 2 or 3 websites here that show she lives in the us in texas and mnew york.she claims if i send her the money to get back here that she will meet me at the airport and we will get togheter and get married.she scanned me a copy of a check,do you think this is a scam,it is from the central bank of nigeria and it is a bank draft for 450,000 she also gave me a phone number that started 234 and it wasnt a good number
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Yes. This has all the markings of a very common scam. Do not send that money unless you are prepared to never see it again.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.