Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

i give my boyfriend 3000.00 on feb 5 2010 to take me and my

Customer Question

i give my boyfriend 3000.00 on feb 5 2010 to take me and my daughter on vac with him and his kids. in june 2010 he told me that we are not going. so i ask for the money back he saib i own it to him. we argoue over the money.on feb 7 2011 i give him 2000.00 to go on vac this year. he said me and my daughter has 5000.00 for the shore this year. on april 26 2011 someone send me a photo of him and a girl with this kids. i call him and ask for are money back and ask about the photo, but he is not returning my call or answering my call.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

I read your post. However, I did not see any question. What is your question? What you do you need help with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can i get my money back and do i have a case. even he say that i own him this money

Thank you for the additional information.

I am not clear how much he actuallys owes you. The $3,000.00 last year? The $2,000.00 this year? And what is the issue with $5,000.00. I am just to clear.

Could you clarify the issue for me?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he owns me 5000.00. me and my daughter do not go.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Your Question: i give my boyfriend 3000.00 on feb 5 2010 to take me and my daughter on vac with him and his kids. in june 2010 he told me that we are not going. so i ask for the money back he saib i own it to him. we argoue over the money.on feb 7 2011 i give him 2000.00 to go on vac this year. he said me and my daughter has 5000.00 for the shore this year. on april 26 2011 someone send me a photo of him and a girl with this kids. i call him and ask for are money back and ask about the photo, but he is not returning my call or answering my call.

Response: Unfortunately, no to both questions. You cannot get your money back. You do not have a case. If there is no written agreement between you regarding the money, the money would be considered as gift from you to him. Also, if you file suit against him for the money, he would counterclaim for the money that he allegedly gave to you. In any event, the money from him to you and from you to him would all be considered as gifts if there is no evidence to the contrary--if you do not have any written proof that the money given to each other is not a gift but a loan.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
even if i have bank satement
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
even if i have bank satement . so that mean i cannt get my bedroom set, tv,dv player, laptop and my mom dolls that she gave me before she past away.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

before my mom past away. she give me money to buy a bedroom set a tv a dv player and a laptop, my new appartment was in a fire. he say put it a his house. than renting a storge place, and when my mom past he said put the doll at his house for safe keeping. now he is saying it is a gift.

Response: I am not sure what your bedroom set has to do with your initial post, which was whether you could get your $5,000.00 back from your boyfriend. Going back to your original question, even if you have a bank statement to show that the money went to him, that still does not prove that the money was a loan to him or was not a gift from you to him.

Response 2: What is your question here?