Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

On an uncontested marriage that the 2 spouses agree on can

Customer Question

On an uncontested marriage that the 2 spouses agree on can they set the amount of the child support
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

Thanks for your question and good evening.

Customer:

They can reach agreement on child support and usually the court will approve such an agreement.Certainly this is the preferable means if the parties are able to resolve the issues of say custody and support and visitation.The law and the courts encourage the parties to reach sun agreements here and generally will sign off on them.This can certainly be part of an overall settlement and resolution of the issues of the marriage and divorce resolution.It is certainly possible for the parties to agree here and have the court approve it.

Customer:

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Customer:

10:22 PM

They can reach agreement on child support and usually the court will approve such an agreement.Certainly this is the preferable means if the parties are able to resolve the issues of say custody and support and visitation.The law and the courts encourage the parties to reach such agreements here and generally will sign off on them.This can certainly be part of an overall settlement and resolution of the issues of the marriage and divorce resolution.It is certainly possible for the parties to agree here and have the court approve it.

10:22 PM

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok but what if she goes to get government assistance and after the agreement is made can she file for more child support
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
Child support is always modifiable but only if there has been a change of circumstances.It can go up but it can also go down here depending on what kind of changes.The state or the other parties can seek to modify it at some point.But there has to be a change here that would warrant the court to change it.You might have good facts to argue to keep it as it is.But is something that is subject to modification if there is a change in income or situation here.All you can do is reach agreement now and see over time if there is any changes in circumstances.
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
I wish you good luck here in reaching agreement on support and the other issues of the marriage.Thanks for letting me help you .