LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

I paid $660.00 by check to a personal trainer ,Joe Pearson,

Customer Question

I paid $660.00 by check to a personal trainer ,Joe Pearson, of 'I Want to Get Fit Now' in Ft. Myers , Fla. for 22 trainging sessions beginning Jan 21. As of date I have had 7 sessions and he has not shown up to the rest without calling or rescheduling. I sent a letter via email to him requesting a refun of $494.00 on 4/21/11. He refuses to answer phone calls, email, or text. I have no personal address.
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 3 years ago.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today.

LADYLAWYER :

Please give me a moment to review your information and to answer you. Thanks!

LADYLAWYER :

I was able to find an address for him.

LADYLAWYER :

You need to send a certified letter to him, return receipt requested.

LADYLAWYER :

and give him 30 days to return your money

LADYLAWYER :

If he does not, you can sue him in small claims for breach of contract.

LADYLAWYER :

Here is his PO Box, and I am also search with the Department of Business and Professional Regulations for a physical address:

Customer:

Ok, thanks. The trainer's web site is: www.iwanttobefitnow.com/ can you give me his address? I know he just bought a house in Lehigh Acres, Fl and is establishing a home gym for training.

LADYLAWYER :

PO BOX 07392, Fort Myers, FL 33919
Customer:

Thank you. He also advertises on our local Fox news channel. Should I contact them?

LADYLAWYER :

Here is his actual physical address:

LADYLAWYER :

PEARSON, JOSEPH E
529 SANFORD DR
FT MYERS FL 33919 US

LADYLAWYER :

I do not think you should contact Fox News at this time.

Customer:

Ok thanks. XXXXX send the letter to Po Box, home, or both??

LADYLAWYER :

You could contact them if they are promoting him without compensation in some way, but if he is paying Fox to advertise with them, I don't think Fox will do anything.

LADYLAWYER :

You should send it to both the PO Box and his home.

Customer:

Should the letter state that I will sue if he does not respond.

LADYLAWYER :

If you need to sue him, it will be at his home.

LADYLAWYER :

Yes.

LADYLAWYER :

The link is for his corporation.

LADYLAWYER :

So if you have to take him to small claims, I would su both him and his corporation.

LADYLAWYER :

*sue

Customer:

Sorry, I am confused about the link. something just cam across saying ' Dangerous URL link, etc. was that from you

LADYLAWYER :

Also, I would sue for more than he owes you because you can get extrra damages since he breached the contract. So in essence, you can get more than your actual damages.

LADYLAWYER :

The link was from me, but maybe it did not work right.

LADYLAWYER :

Try that, and then go to "Search by Officer/Registered Agent"

LADYLAWYER :

And then put in "Pearson Joseph"

Customer:

Thanks much. I will proceed. Appreciate your advice.

LADYLAWYER :

And then you will see "Get Fit With Joe, LLC" and you can click on that.

LADYLAWYER :

Also, you are entitled to the cost of having to file your small claims lawsuit, so don't forget to add that into the cost of damages you are seeking from him.

LADYLAWYER :

Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Customer:

Great. I was so disappointed. I hired him to get strong after being off exercise due to a car accident and gave him my physical therapy sheet. I continued to be stood up and it was very discouraging as I didn't want to re-injure myself not knowing how to use the equipment or over doing it.

LADYLAWYER :

Aww, I am really sorry that he let you down like that.

Customer:

thank you kindly

LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience: Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts