How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55404
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to sue FEDEX for delivering my package to the wrong

Customer Question

I need to sue FEDEX for delivering my package to the wrong address. The guy who delivered the package left the job the day after delivering the package, so no one knows where my package is. The package contains my diploma which I spent 4 years working on it, and 3 months to get it approved from the Saudi embassy. Now, with not my embassy approval I can't go back home and work, plus, I delayed my flight to go back home and work.

I need a lawyer to go after FEDEX and have them pay for the damages they occurred to me.

Please let me know if you could help out with this case.

Alaa Dahar
phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
We cannot represent customers but is there something I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is my case solid ?? Can you refer me to any lawyer who can help with this case.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
What are your damages?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't go back home and work because I don't have the embassy approval on my diploma, which was Fedex fault for delivering my package to the wrong address, and the embassy refuses to reapprove my diploma.

- I delyed my flight to go back home and work because I don't have the diploma with me. It took the embassy 3 months to get the diploma approved.

- Also, my file at the master school isn't complete because Fedex lost my diploma and the school isn't going to look at my file because it's missing, and I have to wait until next year to reapply.

If you think my case is solid I can provide with more details, and an address for Fedex so you can request the conversations between me and all the repres in written, so you can use it against them.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
I agree that the case is solid. You want to check the receipt though for limits on damages if any. You can find a local lawyer on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need you to direct me to a lawyer in my area who can positively handle cases like that, and can go after Fedex to sue them and win the case. Most of the lawyers I called in my area don't handle cases like that, so I will be more than happy to press the accept answer key if you could direct me to a lawyer who can.

I appreciate your time.


My area: Logan, UTAH. USA
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
You can find several locally by location and practice on and

Site rules do not permit me to recommend a specific lawyer but those directories are even better way to find someone locally to choose from very easily.

Good luck!!

I hope you found the answer easy to understand and straightforward. Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I may get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close and you will still be able to follow up if needed. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback are nice ways to say "thanks" and are certainly appreciated. Please remember that the law sometimes does not support what we want it to support but that is not the fault of the person answering the question. If you have another question in the future, hours or even months down the line, you can always request me - just begin the question with “FOR INFOLAWYER…” Unless I am taking a break or helping another customer, I will respond quickly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think the damages I have are emotional damages? or these will consider physical damages and I can sue them and win the case easily ?

Let me know your opinion.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
A court is not likely to award emotional damages. It would likely permit monetary damages of financial amount you can prove such as financial loss and value of item etc plus court costs.

Related Legal Questions