Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I was just notified by my back that a recent check is on hold

I was just notified by my back that a recent check is on hold for deposit.. And I need to contact the backs legal process order dept. What does this mean?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to help you

Q. Is the check which is on hold a check which you issued, or a check you received from someone that you wanted to deposit in your account ?

I do not know what you mean by "the banks 'legal process' department" because there is no such department in a bank, Please explain

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Q1- It was a payroll check I get every two weeks direct deposited. However it had a 10k quarterly bonus with included.

Q2- I was told it was on hold and no additional informatio would be given by customer service. They gave me a phone number and said you need to contact them, "Wells Fargo Bank, Legal Order processing." Doing some research it seems to be the same as Levy processing?

From the information you gave me, it could be the result of a few things:

1. If you were sued and a judgment was entered against you, the Plaintiff could have asked the Court for a Levy or Garnishment on your account;

2. If you owe child support, the Family Court may have Ordered a Levy or Garnishment of funds in your account

In eeither of the above cases, however, you shouldhave received prior notice from the person or the Court that a Levy or Garnishment was being placed on your funds in your account.

You must get in touch with Wells Fargo because it appears that they were served with the legal notice thast affected your check. They have a legal obligation to tell you why they are holding the check and not permitting it to be processed into your account,

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.