Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I have been threatened with action to declare me unable to

Customer Question

I have been threatened with action to declare me unable to manage my estate and my annuities . I am an elderly man, but in my right mind and i live on a farm with my daughter and my son in law. Both are in school and I am helping my daughter start a business with horses. I have a banker handling my annuities and he had a friend who was a lawyer and he helped me draft a will at one point. Now they are both threatening to petition that I am a vulnerable adult and the lawyer keeps saying he is my lawyer. I never hired him and I was told when I set up the annuities that I could withdraw whatever I choose as I see fit. Now all of this is happening. Is this legal and how can I stop this harassment?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

I am a legal expert at Justanswer. I have reviewed your question and will be helping you today. The burden is on them to prove you not competent. Having a lawyer on hand to send a warning letter and also defend against such an application. Also having a doctor confirm your mental state would help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What type of lawyer will i need
You want a lawyer who handles estates law and elder law. See