Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

How far back can I go to get uncashed Social Security checks

How far back can I go to get uncashed Social Security checks reissued. I did not cash many checks due to my PTSD disability from the military.

I know it sounds weird, but it is true.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney, I have 25 years experience and would be glad to help

The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

Please keep in mind that the law does not always support our position and although I may not agree with the law, I do not write the law and, therefore, cannot control the outcome, So, please remember that does lessen the time and effort I devoted to researching your question and providing you with an Answer,

The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. This is a public forum on the internet, so I caution you not to include any personal identifying information

ANSWER

You should write to the Social Security Administration, telling them about your PTSD, and sending them medical confirmation of this. Tell them the dates of the checks and ask that they be reissued. The Social Security Administration has a legal obligation to reissue checks during the entire period you were entitled to receive such benefits

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.