MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

can a owner of commercial property get thrown out of which

Customer Question

can a owner of commercial property get thrown out of which he owns 50% i also rent the property back if i fell behind on some rent payments. there is no agreement between the partners just a lease.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Do you mean that you have an ownership interest in the property?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes,i own 50% and i also run my bussiness out of there .
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, you cannot be evicted because you own the building, even if only one other party owns the remaining 50%, that would yield a stalemate where you cannot be evicted unless there is a written agreement where you agreed to submit to the owner's actions despite your 50% ownership. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.