Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

At work 3 workers fired all have MS. Can we sue

At work 3 workers fired all have MS. Can we sue?
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Hello. If the three workers who were let go can successfully demonstrate that the reason they were terminated is because they all have MS, then those workers will have a claim for discrimination based upon discrimination of one of the Title VII protected classes -- race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age (over 40), or religion. These workers can bring a claim with the local office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) without using a lawyer if they are unable to obtain a lawyer and the EEOC will investigate the accusations and determine whether or not the workers have a viable claims. If the EEOC finds that there is a cause of action here, it will issue a "right to sue" letter and the employees can then file suit in regular district court for damages against the employer. Here is an internet link to the NJ area EEOC office where a claim can be started by the employees:

I hope that helps.

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time . Even if you have placed a deposit or have otherwise paid Just Answer, I am not paid ANYTHING unless you press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON on the bottom of or on the Side of this ANSWER BOX. For some reason, non-lawyers believe that all lawyers are wealthy and that is NOT TRUE. I have been affected by this recession as badly as the next person -- I was laid off 2 years ago -- and I cannot afford to perform pro bono (free) work at this time. When you perform work for an employer or a client, you expect to be paid and the experts here at Just Answer are no different. Just Answer operates on the "honor" system of payment -- when we answer a question, we rely on our customer's honor to press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON to insure that we are paid for our time. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING JUST ANSWER !!!