MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

We are the middle man for Dye Sublimated Uniforms and the company

Customer Question

We are the middle man for Dye Sublimated Uniforms and the company we buy from messed up on 87% of the orders and we were unable to collect on the uniforms. They said they would fix the mistakes and then they didn't. Then they said we didn't have to pay for them. Now they are trying to collect from us and have a collection agency calling us. Plus, they are telling potential customers that we owe them money and are posting it on message boards, facebook, and word of mouth. Is this worth trying to sue them?
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. What is the value of the uniform order?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its a bunch of uniform orders we placed... roughly 16,500 worth but they were all wrong and we couldn't charge our customers because they were messed up. They said they would fix the mistakes and then they didn't. Then they said we didn't have to pay for them. Now they are trying to collect from us and have a collection agency calling us. Plus, they are telling potential customers that we owe them money and are posting it on message boards, facebook, and word of mouth. Is this worth trying to sue them?

We are a company in Georgia and they are a company in Wisconsin.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is worth suing them. Not only because of the lost profits from the order but also the damage to your company's character via the dissemination of false information and jeopardizing your relationship with your customer as a result of the error in the order. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if I should find a lawyer in Wisconsin or Georgia?
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
A lawyer in Wisconsin as they would have to be sued in their home state, unless there is an agreement to the contrary.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry, can you elaborate on how you find the quality lacking? What exactly would you like to know that has not already been provided?