Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Our 17 year old son was beeping his horn late at night (12-2am)

Customer Question

Our 17 year old son was beeping his horn late at night (12-2am) in the culdecsac neighbors. This happened several times. They confronted him. He apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. It happened once more. Now he is summonsed for pl 240.26 03 harrassment 2nd. If found guiltly will he have a criminal record and is it permanent? Does his being 17 matter. Is it expected that he will have a lawyer at the araignment?
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

He does not have to have an attorney present at arraignment. He can plead not guilty, then get an attorney and proceed from there.

Or he can consult with a local attorney who can discuss this with the DA who may consider a deferred adjudication, wherein this matter will not be on his record if he is successful at probation

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck