How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my question is I am on call 24/7 for my job I work offshore

Customer Question

Hi my question is I am on call 24/7 for my job I work offshore and are currently about togo through a divorce... I live in louisiana and my wife lives in texas we have 1 child... can we settle out of court on a divorce and agree on a pre aranged amount of child support and if so what are some key factors to consider
Submitted: 6 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

You can agree to all the things that need to be covered in the divorce. This would be custody, visitation, a parenting plan which covers visitation, all the things that go into parenting such as vacations, then you will have child support, spousal support if any, and division of property, including pension plans.


Once you are agreed on this issues, the divorce decree will incorporate these terms. The court will then adopt the consent divorce decree based on that agreement.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.