INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Have an excessively large student loan. I am 64 and have had

Have an excessively large student loan. I am 64 and have had to take deferments. I would like to deal off the 1200 per month interest charge and pay on the principle. I make good money NOW, and hope to get a positive answer.

I am a legal expert at Justanswer. I have reviewed your question and will be helping you today.

Is is a public or private lender?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The loan is carried by NELNET
Thank you. These are negotiated on a case by case basis. That said unless they know of sizable assets, given the age of the claim and that most of the collectors work on commission fee, the adjusted rate you propose is indeed possible and doable here.

I hope you found the answer fast and straightforward. Please remember to click ACCEPT - as it is the only way I get credit and paid for your answer - even if you have a deposit or membership with justanswer.

If you need any clarification or other information, just click REPLY before or after you click accept. I am happy to follow up to your satisfaction! On very rare occasion, there may be a delay between responses if I am taking a break or helping other customers.

Leaving a BONUS is always appreciated! Positive Feedback is also very much appreciated.

I wish I could always provide good news to customers but sometimes that is not the case. I prefer and you deserve no less than the truth. Telling you what you want to hear is irresponsible of me and unfair to you so please keep that in mind. That said, even in a bad news situation, I try to give options if they exist.

You can always request me in the future - just begin the question with “This Question is for INFOLAWYER…”