Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

After the 2010 fall election, the Democratic National Committee

After the 2010 fall election, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) decides to take matters into its own hands. During the lame duck session, they pass a new "Elections Are Free Act" that requires single people who make more than $75,000/year or married couples who make more than $150,000/year to provide a copy of their tax return to their local county officials before being allowed to register to vote. The return must prove that they have paid at least 15% of their total income in taxes or they are not allowed to register to vote. List two bases under which someone impacted by this law could argue to have the law overturned.

The 24th Amendment of the US Constitution prohibits any type of restriction to the right to vote due to any tax that has or has not been paid.

1 There can be no tax imposed to vote

2 There can be no restrictions based on income as to who shall exercise the right to vote.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck