Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

What is the burden of proof for proving blackmail is the state

What is the burden of proof for proving blackmail is the state of louisiana?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
For a civil case it is by a preponderance of the evidence, which means more likely than not. In a criminal case it is beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does the threat of blackmail have to reach the victim thru the blackmailer or is it enough to have witnesses that "dime" the blackmailer out by letting the victim know of the plan against him/her? is that enough to qualify as blackmail?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
That is going to be a question of fact, but a simple "plan" to blackmail probably isn't enough without some kind of affirmative steps.