Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My fiancee and I bought a house together 7/10. She had better

My fiancee and I bought a house together 7/10. She had better credit than me so we put it in her name. I had the income so I paid most of the financials, including the deposit. I gave it to her in a certified check. The bank that financed her stated that they could only accept the down payment if I "gift" it to her, so I signed a gift donation form. She kicked me out for another relationship the end of 12/10. I asked her for my down payment back and she said I "gifted" it to her. Can I sue her for my down payment since I lived there less than 6 months?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.

If you gifted the down payment to her, regardless of the reason, you can't sue her to recover it unless there is some written agreement that she signed that says she'll repay the money.