Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions

can house be sold as livable with out it;s own well

can house be sold as livable with out it;s own well?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 5 years ago.

Jane Doe Deer :

Good morning. From where was water obtained before you put in the well?

Did you know about the problem before you purchased? Was it disclosed to you in writing?

My best,

there was water but it was coming from someone elses well. my concern should i had a well here before thay sold it tome

only thing thats in writing is that i could fix it if it broke,not that the well was no good where the water was coming from

i have nothig in writing that said i was respodable for putting in my oun well

Jane Doe Deer :

If they told you accurately that the water was coming from someone else's well before you bought the property, you were fully informed.

If the seller did not fully disclose that to you before the sale you may have a basis for a lawsuit.

In addition, if a realtor was involved, and the realtor did not disclose, the realtor would be a defendant. You can also file a complaint with the state agency that licenses brokers and realtors, and they may be able to help you with a settlement.

It all depends on what you were told before the purchase, and what you should have been told.

It is not a building code violation to get one's water from another person's well. This is actually quite, quite common.

The only important thing is whether or not you knew this before you bought the property, and, if you didn't know, whether or not you should have been informed prior to the purchase completion.

My best,

Jane (PS Don't hesitate to write back, or please "accept" if I've answered your question)