Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My truck tractor was left at a business for repair and while

My truck tractor was left at a business for repair and while it was there, another trucker left the yard with his truck & trailer and damaged my truck with his trailer while turning out of the yard. Should I deal with the truck owner on the repairs or should I deal only with the repair shop where I left it? If the repair shop wants me to deal with the truck owner and the owner stalls with arrangements should I deal with the truck owner in court or just dump it in the repair shops lap to deal with it, since they are the ones that I left it with to begin with.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.

Because the truck was damaged while in the custody and control of the shop, the shop is technically responsible to you to repair the damage under bailment laws.

The shop, in turn, would have a right to collect from the truck driver that ran into your vehicle.