Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I live in the state of Tennessee. My ex-husband receives supervised

I live in the state of Tennessee. My ex-husband receives supervised visitation with my 9 year old son. I chose the supervisors (4 of them) from a list provided by my ex-husband. My son and daughter have made allegations of both sexual and physical abuse against my ex-husband. After a year now of visits one of the supervisors is no longer taking this seriously. On the last two visits with her as the supervisor my son has come home very afraid saying he has been left alone with his dad. Since I chose the supervisors can I now say this person can no longer supervise since there are three other people to choose from? Or do I need to go in front of the judge?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney in Tennessee.

If you get to choose who the supervisor is, you can just pick between the other 3 and never choose this person. If it becomes an issue for the father, or questions arise as to why this person is not being used for visitation, you can then file a motion in court to have this person removed and replaced based on her failure to perform as needed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was allowed to chose from the list in the beginning. On every visit he was allowed to ask each of the four to see who was available. from your answer am I understanding that I may say I will not leave my son with her. I never know who will supervise until I arrive. I did say that if they bring her I will stay and supervise the visit. to make sure that I am not interfering with his visitation. does it sound to you that it is within my power to do so?
In that case, I would recommend that you file a motion to remove her from the list of approved supervisors.