Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

My step daughter lives in Texas (which does not allow wages

My step daughter lives in Texas (which does not allow wages to be garnished), but her corporate company which cuts the checks is based in another state. They are garnishing her pay at this time... How can she stopped them from garnishing her wages?
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. The garnishment has to be based on a state court judgment or domestication of a judgment and the employer should not be executing on it since now allowed in the state. If the employer persists and it continues you can recover money back by application to the court along with legal fees. I trust the information is fast and direct. If I can clarify anything, let me know.

When ready, Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for your answer.

Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback is not required but very much appreciated.

Have a great week!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean by application to the court?
A motion to the court to vacate the garnishment supported by your affidavit.