Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

What can i do if my brother has a severe nervourse breake down

Customer Question

What can i do if my brother has a severe nervourse breake down and i beleave that he is being miss treated even abused he calls me and tells me that he wants to come with me to stay but then he state that we are going to get in big trouble. Also she has his wallet, and documents and i beleave she does give him his medication. Is their a way that i could have some time were we could take care of him and give him medication a be with him without her influencing him.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.

The only way you can do this legally is to file a court petition to be appointed as his legal guardian/custodian. If you get a court order giving you the right to act on his behalf and in his best interest, you can take care of all of his needs - including making sure that he takes his medicine.

Beause he's an adult, this is the only way that you can take control and give him the care he needs.