NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.

A person who has filed a civil case against a company I own

A person who has filed a civil case against a company I own came to my place of worship during service and began defaming me and slandering me in front of the congregation I serve as a member of the board of directors. The individual not only accused me of stealing they also revealed information regarding sexual abuse that occured during my childhood along with accusations that my family had committed murder. Is this an instance where I could file civil charges?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It sounds to me like you have an action for an injunction to stop the behavior, along with a suit for slander. As long as allegations regarding the theft and murder are untrue, it should be fairly obvious to prove this was done intentionally, not to mention there a few dozen witnesses. You should have no problems prevailing in such an action.

If you don't have any further question, lease click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for assisting you..

Nathan Moore