Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

i was renting a home in colorado. it suffered severe damage

Customer Question

i was renting a home in colorado. it suffered severe damage due to an electrical fire on saturday. the only copy of the lease was lost in the fire. the landlord wants me to pay the security deposit which was going to be split up into six payments over the next six months.the one twist to this story was that we were using the home to grow medical marijuana. the landlord was aware of this.The police determined that faulty wiring was the cause of the fire and told us that it wasn't our fault. also we were allowed to vacate the house with all of our equipment and medicine.do i owe her this deposit?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

In what state is the property located?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
colorado